Parry & Jones plastering & rendering North Wales
Plaster skimming to plasterboards is a popular method of providing a smooth, seamless surface ready to receive a decorative finish. Skim plastering gives many of the advantages of a traditional solid plaster finish combined with quick turnaround on site. Surface preparation simply involves joint reinforcement and, if tapered edge board is used, flushing-out the tapers. The plaster is applied to the wall or ceiling surface to a nominal 2mm thickness.
At Parry & Jones Plastering we are a specialist in plastering and skimming and have completed many projects throughout many year of business in Chester, Wrexham, Anglesey and North Wales areas.
Benefits of Skimming
- Traditional plaster finish
- Provides uniform surface
- Resilient and scuff resistant for general purposes, and excellent resistance to accidental damage provided by Thistle Dura finish
- Applied to 2mm thickness
- Finished in one visit site
- Quicker drying time ready for decoration
Thistle Finish Coat Plasters
- Thistle Multi-Finish This versatile final coat plaster provides good results on all suction backgrounds. The best choice where undercoats and board backgrounds are involved on the same job.
- Thistle Board Finish The ideal final coat plaster for low-medium suction backgrounds such as plasterboard and Thistle Dri-Coat.
- Thistle Durafinish Hard working plaster for hard working buildings. Specially formulated gypsum plaster for increase resistance to accidental damage
- Thistle Spray Finish New gypsum finishing plaster for use with worm pump spray machines. Providing a smooth and high quality finish in a fraction of the time, it helps to improve productivity on-site, enabling projects to be handed over earlier.
- Thistle Uni-Finish Premium gypsum finish plaster that needs no prior preparation for PVA.
Approved applicator of British Gypsum Products
Parry and Jones has many year of experience and we are an approved applicator of the British Gypsum Product range.